Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sewing for Tiny Relatives

I tell everyone that my sewing 'specializes in large women and very tiny relatives'.  Those  relatives are usually my nieces, but they aren't all that tiny anymore!  I'm sorry I don't have pictures of the clothes I made for them when they were very small, but I mostly took Polaroid pictures back then, and I don't have a scanner.  I also won't post pictures of them yet (I need to ask their mother if it's okay).  However, I do have pictures of some of their clothes.  For the most part, I've been making Easter and Christmas dresses, with the occasional coat or jacket once in awhile.  They seem to like them a lot.   It's even more fun now, because they can pick out their own fabrics, and that makes for some beautiful dresses.
So....bring on the dresses!
Here are two sets of Easter dresses, from two different years.



This is a blouse and skirt set that they wanted for Christmas one year.  I aim to please.


 But this particular year, I got to play with sparkly chiffon and satin.  It was glorious and they looked spectacular.  On the other hand, they are my beloved nieces and I think they would look fantastic in a burlap sack.  Especially if I sewed it for them.  

No comments:

Post a Comment