Friday, April 8, 2011

Doll clothes and toys

Today, let's try some of the non-clothes stuff that I've made. 
One day, a friend on my sewing list gave us a link to a website that had free patterns for different types of dragons.  I had to try it out, and this is what came out.  Isn't he adorable?  They're a pain to make because of the small size, but oh, so worth it in the end. 


Here are a bunch of teddy bears that I made out of leftover fake fur that I had tons of, after making stuff for my nieces.  I didn't want to throw it away, and I didn't want to give it away, so I got a very nice Carol's Zoo pattern and made as many of the 9" teddy bears as I could.  I think in the end I made about 40 of them.  Some I gave away to friends, but a lot of them went to my sister, who gave them away in the emergency room where she worked.  The kids loved them, she said.  Here are a couple of them.

Let me introduce two of my models, Charlotte and Isabelle.  Isabelle is the blond.  My sister gave me these 18" dolls so I would have models for making clothes for the dolls that my nieces have.  Some of their clothes are models of the dresses that I made for The Girls, but these are just the clothes I made for a present.  For what it's worth, the two top dresses took as much time to make as a full-size adult dress!  Wow.



No comments:

Post a Comment